TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail transit services in the Portland, Oregon, metro area. We connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making the Portland area a better place to live. More
There are several ways to enter a location:
Address, for example: 4012 SE 17
Intersection (where two streets cross each other), Example: SE 17 & Center.
Landmarks, Examples: PDX, Rose Quarter Arena or Clackamas Town Center. You can type the name or select from lists by category (click on the word "Landmark" on the input form to see the categories, then click "Continue"). Most public buildings and parks are landmarks, but only a few businesses are in our database.
If the trip planner fails to find a location:
Check your spelling
- If the trip planner cannot find an exact match on the spelling of a street or landmark, it will show you a list of alternatives, but if it finds a match, it will only show you the one that matches, which may not be the one you intended.
- Don't spell out directions, such as North or Northwest unless they are part of a street or landmark name (such as SW North Ave or Northwest Senior Center). Use abbreviations instead.
- You may need to spell out the street name. Not all abbreviations are known to the trip planner. It knows that MLK means Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. but it will not find Hwy 99.
- For example, if you type 400 Hawthourn it will show you a list of alternatives that includes 400 SE Hawthorne Blvd., but if you type 400 Hawthorn it will only find 400 SW Hawthorn Rd. (in Estacada).
- For example: Use SE Hawthorne not Southeast Hawthorne
The address may not exist. If you've entered an address, try using an intersection instead.
The address may be confused with another. Addresses that start with zero confuse the trip planner. It will find both 049 SW Porter and 49 SW Porter if you enter either address, but both will be listed as 49 SW PORTER ST. Use a nearby intersection instead, such as SW 1st & Porter or Naito Parkway & Porter.
New streets or developments. If the street or address is new, the trip planner may not know it yet. Try another address or intersection that is near to the one you're trying to find.
New street names. Some streets have been renamed. For example, Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. used to be named Union Ave., and Naito Parkway was named Front Ave.