TriMet’s Labor Contract
Current Collective Bargaining Agreement
TriMet’s current Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU), Local 757 was ratified by the TriMet Board of Directors on December 13, 2017. Union employees had approved the contract on November 28, 2017 with 94.7 percent of those voting in favor of the agreement, according to ATU Local 757 leadership. The term of the agreement is from December 1, 2016 through November 30, 2019.
Some key provisions of the contract:
- Wage increase:
- 3.0 percent (12/2016, retroactive)
- 3.25 percent (12/2017)
- 3.25 percent (12/2018).
- One-step increase resulting in an approximate 6.6 percent wage hike on top of the general wage increase for Service Workers.
- One-time payment of $1,000 to select Journey Workers.
- Increase night shift differential to $1.00/hr. for Station Agents, Dispatchers, Controllers, Road Supervisors, Rail Supervisors, Lead Supervisors, all Maintenance Division employees for hours worked between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- $350 annual uniform allowance.
- $0.30/hr. rate unused sick leave hours converted to additional monthly pension benefits upon retirement.
- Increase in annual boot and jacket allowance to $200 for Maintenance Division workers.
- Contract out mid-life LRV remanufacturing of light rail vehicles.
- Retain status quo on healthcare benefits, except a no-cost change to the supplemental retiree healthcare plan.