TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail transit services in the Portland, Oregon, metro area. We connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making the Portland area a better place to live. More
It's Flu Season
Let's fight the flu, together
The flu is a seasonal disease and is highly contagious—people can spread the flu even if they don't know they're sick. Each year, 5-20 percent of the worldwide population will become ill with seasonal flu.
What we can do together
TriMet takes the health and safety of employees and riders seriously. Together, we can do our part in helping keep one another healthy this flu season. Preventive measures include:
- Receive vaccinations for the flu.
- Don't spread the flu! Stay home if you're sick. See the list of flu symptoms at flu.oregon.gov.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with either a tissue or your upper sleeve—not your hands. Dispose of tissues in the trash.
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizing gels or wipes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
If you have concerns about illness, please consult your medical provider, local health department or call the Oregon Public Health Division Hotline at 971-673-1222.
For more information, visit flu.oregon.gov.