TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail transit services in the Portland, Oregon, metro area. We connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making the Portland area a better place to live. More
Summer season begins for Washington Park Shuttle
May 28, 2010
Route extended to make additional connections to downtown MAX stations
TriMet's Washington Park Shuttle's 12th year of daily service gets under way Monday, May 31. For the first time this year, the route has been extended from the Washington Park area into downtown Portland, so it's easier to visit Portland's popular summer attractions including featured exhibits, concerts and other activities.
The shuttle has been running weekends only through May, and will again be extended for weekends from Labor Day to the end of October.
About the shuttle
- The shuttle runs every 25 minutes between 10am and 7pm
- The shuttle runs daily from May 31 through September 7.
- From September 7 through October 31, the shuttle runs weekends only.
- Board the shuttle at the:
- Washington Park station and take the elevator to the ground floor
- PGE Park station
- Kings Hill/SW Salmon St station
- Last year, about 71,000 rides were taken on the shuttle.
The shuttle stops at these popular Washington Park destinations:
- Oregon Zoo
- Portland Children’s Museum
- International Rose Test Garden
- Children’s Play Park
- Japanese Garden
- Hoyt Arboretum
- World Forestry Center Discovery Museum
- Vietnam Veterans of Oregon Memorial
- Oregon Holocaust Memorial
- Hiking trails
Regular TriMet fares apply. Children six and under ride free with a paying passenger.