Youth Advisory Subcommittee
The Youth Advisory Subcommittee (YAS) gives feedback and insight to the Transit Equity Advisory Committee (TEAC) and provides a youth perspective to transit issues that affect youth, with a focus on youth leadership and engagement.
The Youth Advisory Subcommittee is comprised of different members from TriMet’s service district within Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties. Committee members meet monthly with a focus on various issues related to TriMet projects and services. The aim of this committee is to foster youth engagement, leadership development and advocate for issues related to youth on the region’s public transportation system. One member will also act as a liaison to TriMet’s Equity and Advisory Committee.
TriMet is currently accepting applications to join YAS. No previous leadership experience is required, but youth with connections to the community and particularly bilingual and bicultural candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are currently meeting remotely via Webex. Meals and transit passes will be provided once we are able to meet in person.
Application and selection process
1 Program requirements
- Available to meet monthly at TriMet’s Administrative office downtown Portland metropolitan area (currently meeting remotely)
- Between the ages of 15–21
- Must live, work, go to school or attend an out-of-school program within TriMet’s service district in Clackamas, Multnomah or Washington counties
- Willingness to respectfully listen to others’ opinions
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to learn about, and contribute to the improvement of youth representation within, the region’s transportation system
- Willingness to work in partnerships with youth and adults
- Support TriMet’s community engagement efforts by participating in community service projects (as to be determined by the committee)
- Review meeting materials prior to each meeting
- Be willing to learn about TriMet’s programs
2 Selection process
Fill out and submit the application below. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and are reviewed by TriMet staff and current YAS members.
Having trouble with this form?
You can also download and complete the application, and email it to program administrators. Or, fax the application to 503-962-2283.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org