TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail transit services in the Portland, Oregon, metro area. We connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making the Portland area a better place to live. More
Accessibility Features on WES
These features can help you get around on WES:
- Ticket machines have instructions in audio, raised letter and Braille.
- WES stations have Braille/raised-letter signs that indicate which lines serve the station and where they go.
- Stations have digital displays that show you when the next train is scheduled to arrive.
- Textured tiles at the station warn you when you are close to the platform edge. These tiles can be detected with your foot or a cane.
- You can board WES directly from the boarding platform. There are no steps to climb. If you need assistance, there is a conductor on board who can help.
- There are priority seating spaces inside near the door for people with limited mobility and people with disabilities.
- Each WES car has spaces inside for two mobility devices. (No securement is necessary.)
- An audio system on board announces the name of the next station.
- Reader boards inside the train show the name of the next station.
Boarding with a mobility device
If you use a wheelchair or scooter, or have limited mobility, please read our instructions for boarding WES with a mobility device.
Service animals are welcome
Your service animal is welcome on WES. No permit is required, but the conductor may ask to confirm that your animal is a service animal. Learn more about bringing a service animal on TriMet
Travel training is available
Ride Connection, a non-profit community service organization, provides individual and group travel training for seniors and people with disabilities through their RideWise program. Learn more at rideconnection.org