A 2½-Hour Ticket is good for unlimited rides on buses and trains, anywhere TriMet goes.
- Valid for unlimited rides on buses, MAX Light Rail, WES Commuter Rail and Portland Streetcar.
- Tickets purchased from ticket machines come pre-validated for immediate use.
- You can also buy books of 10 unvalidated tickets to use at a later time.
- The expiration time is printed on your validated ticket.
Reduced fares for youth, students, seniors and people with disabilities
Youth ages 7–17, students in high school or pursuing a GED, seniors age 65 or older, Medicare members and people with mental or physical disabilities may qualify for discounted tickets. Learn more about reduced fares for Honored Citizens and Youth
How to use it
On the bus
If your ticket is already validated, just show it to the operator and have a seat. Do not place validated tickets in the farebox. If your ticket is not validated, insert it into the farebox when you board. The operator will give you another ticket/receipt valid for 2½ hours. Keep this ticket as proof of payment.
Stamp your ticket in one of the validators at the MAX station, if it’s not already validated. Board MAX and make sure you keep your ticket with you in case a fare inspector asks to see proof of payment.
Stamp your ticket in one of the validators at the WES station, if it’s not already validated. Board WES and have a seat. Be prepared to show the conductor your ticket. He/she may check your fare as you board, or after the train leaves the station.
On the Portland Streetcar
Board the Streetcar and stamp your ticket in the validator on board, if it’s not already validated. Keep your ticket with you in case a fare inspector asks to see proof of payment. Note: A Streetcar-only 2½-Hour Ticket is also available at Streetcar stations and on board.
You can purchase unvalidated tickets in books of 10 for use any time, at the TriMet Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square, from neighborhood ticket outlets, and online in the TriMet Store. (Not available on board buses.)
Where to buy
- from neighborhood ticket outlets
- on board the bus (single tickets only)
- on board the Streetcar
- from ticket machines at MAX, WES and Streetcar stations (except LIFT)
- at the TriMet Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square
- online in the TriMet Store