Honored Citizen ID Card
An Honored Citizen ID Card is required only if you have a verifiable mental or physical disability and wish to use Honored Citizen fares on TriMet.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Honored Citizen Application Form (PDF). You can complete the form using Adobe Acrobat Reader or by printing the form. Or, call us at 503-962-2455 and we'll mail one to you.
- In addition to the application form, we require verification of your disability by one of the following:
- A certified/licensed health care provider: Have your provider fill out the reverse side of the application form.
- The Social Security Administration: Please get a Benefit Information Report or Benefit Verification Letter from your Social Security Administration office dated within the last three months, and include it with your completed application form.
- A certified agency: Certified agencies include the Senior and Disabled Services Division, Commission for the Blind, Vocational Rehabilitation Division, a mental health agency, or the The Arc of Multnomah or Washington County. The application form requires a verification stamp from the agency, so please contact your agency representative for assistance.
- The US Department of Veterans Affairs: Please get a Certification Letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs dated within the last three months verifying a disability, and include it with your completed application form.
- Other transit agency: Include the name, city and state of the transit agency on your application form.
- Please bring the completed application and required verification to the TriMet Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square. A photo will be taken for the identification card.
- After you receive your card, you may purchase and use Honored Citizen fares on buses, MAX, WES and Portland Streetcar. Be prepared to show your card when boarding.
For more information
If you have questions about your eligibility or if you need more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 503-962-2455.