Traveling Safely on TriMet
Get to and from your destination safely while traveling on TriMet.
Safety tips while riding…
- Don’t run across traffic to catch your bus or train. If you have to run, it’s not your ride.
- Never cross the street in front of a bus unless it’s stopped at a red light.
- Look both ways before crossing train tracks and always use designated crossings.
- When it’s dark out, wear light-colored clothing, reflectors or lights.
- Hold on to a seat or handrail while the bus or train is in motion.
- Keep track of your belongings while you’re on board, and be sure to secure your smartphone or tablet when you’re near the doors.
- When you’re walking, be aware of your surroundings and check for cars, buses and trains before checking your phone.
- If you see suspicious behavior or spot a suspicious package, or if there is an emergency or unsafe situation on board, tell a TriMet employee immediately or call or text 9-1-1.
Be safe at Park & Rides…
- Do not leave valuable items visible in your car. Better yet, leave them at home or take them with you when you go.
- If you must leave items in your car, stow them in the trunk or in the middle console before you go.
- Check to make sure your vehicle is locked before you walk away.
- If you see suspicious behavior or spot a suspicious package, tell a TriMet employee immediately or call 9-1-1.