Get a Month of Free Fare!
Get your first month FREE when you sign up for TriMet’s reduced fare based on income! If you meet the income requirements, enjoy unlimited rides on buses and trains – anywhere TriMet goes – for just $28 a month.
- Sign up for TriMet’s reduced fare based on income and receive your first month free.
- If you’re already using TriMet’s reduced fare based on income, you’re automatically eligible to receive one month free! A one-month pass was automatically loaded to each active income-qualified Honored Citizen Hop card on June 23, 2022. You’ll also receive one month free when you renew your card.
- The pass will show on myhopcard.com and the Hop app as “TriMet Transit Assistance Month Pass” with the valid dates listed below the pass.
- The free month promotion is only valid for the calendar month it is issued. If you receive it during the first 10 days of the month, it is valid until the end of the calendar month. If you receive it after the 10th of the month, it is valid for the following month.
- In general, people who apply in person at our Customer Support Center can enroll and receive their Honored Citizen card on the same day. People who apply online can usually pick up their Honored Citizen card in 1-2 business days.