New Year’s Holiday Service
Ring in 2020 with
FREE RIDES ON NEW YEAR’S EVE
Once again, we’re offering free bus, MAX and Portland Streetcar service after 8 p.m. on New Year’s Eve! And with special extended late-night MAX service, you can get to the celebration — and home again — the safe and smart way.
If you’re planning your trip in advance, be sure to select January 1 for trips after midnight
Ride free starting at 8 p.m.
Hop on any TriMet bus, MAX or Portland Streetcar after 8 p.m. — no need to tap your Hop card or buy a ticket at the station. (Transfers are free, too!)
MAX runs until 3 a.m.
MAX Blue, Green, Orange and Yellow lines will provide extended service, running approximately every 30–35 minutes until about 3 a.m., and MAX Red Line will run shuttle bus service to Portland International Airport until 3:30 a.m.
View the schedules
- The last Blue Line trip to Gresham leaves Pioneer Square South at 3:03 a.m.
- The last trip to Hillsboro leaves Pioneer Square North at 3:03 a.m.
- The last Green Line trip to Clackamas leaves from Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:20 a.m.
- The last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Clackamas Town Center Transit Center at 2:14 a.m.
- The last Orange Line trip to Milwaukie leaves Pioneer Place/SW 5th at 3:05 a.m.
- The last trip to Downtown Portland leaves SE Park Ave at 3:45 a.m.
- MAX Red Line trains will run on a weekday schedule with shuttle buses available to take riders from Gateway to Red Line stations in NE Portland after train service ends until approximately 3:30 a.m. Shuttle buses are drop-off only.
- (MAX Blue, Green and Red lines will connect with airport shuttle bus service at Gateway Transit Center.)
- The last trip of the night to Portland International Airport leaves Pioneer Square South at 12:45 a.m. and the last trip of the night to Beaverton Transit Center leaves the airport at 1:58 a.m.
- The last Yellow Line trip to Expo Center leaves Pioneer Courthouse/SW 6th at 3:01 a.m.
- The last trip to Downtown Portland leaves Expo Center at 2:35 a.m.
- Buses will run on regular weekday schedules.
- Bus lines 20-Burnside/Stark and 57-TV Hwy/Forest Grove now run 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Portland Streetcar will run on weekday schedules.
Service on New Year’s Day
On January 1, buses, MAX and Portland Streetcar will run on Sunday schedules. WES Commuter Rail will not be in service. The 503-238-RIDE call center and the Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square will be closed.