TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail transit services in the Portland, Oregon, metro area. We connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making the Portland area a better place to live. More
Ridership and Performance Statistics
Monthly performance data, ridership trends and rider characteristics
2013 monthly reports
2012 monthly reports
2011 monthly reports
2010 monthly reports
- Riders boarded a TriMet bus, MAX train or WES train 99.3 million times in Fiscal Year 2010.
- Weekly ridership on buses, MAX and WES has increased for all but one year since 1988.
- For more than a decade, ridership has been increasing faster than other indicators of regional growth, including population and automobile vehicle miles traveled.
- TriMet carries more people than any other U.S. transit system its size.
- 84% of riders say they have a car available but prefer to ride TriMet, or they choose not to own a car because they prefer TriMet.
- 80% of residents in the TriMet service area (age 16 and older) say they ride TriMet to some degree, and 43% ride "a couple of times a month or more."
- About half (51%) of riders say they use a combination of buses and MAX, 34% use MAX only, and 13% use buses only.
- 77% of frequent/regular riders say they approve of the job we're doing.