TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail transit services in the Portland, Oregon, metro area. We connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making the Portland area a better place to live. More
TriMet's Fiscal Year 2015 Budget:
Restoring and Improving Service
Our budget for Fiscal Year 2015 (July 2014-July 2015) calls for restoring service, improving schedule reliability and reducing overcrowding to provide better service to our riders. The budget assumes that the economy continues to improve, that we receive new revenue from a payroll tax increase, and that the financial equivalent of TriMet's labor contract proposal is accepted.
Here are some highlights from our budget for FY2015:
- More Frequent Service: We plan to add weekday evening trips on Frequent Service bus lines and MAX to get back to 15-minute (or better) frequency into the evening hours.
- Better schedule reliability: Schedules will change on lines 20, 71 and 72 to improve reliability.
- Less crowding: We're adding buses to Lines 4, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 44, 76, 94 and 99 to relieve overcrowding.
- More new buses: 64 new buses will join the fleet in this fiscal year, for a total of 249 buses replaced over the last four years.
- MAX reliability and safety: We'll continue to invest in rail maintenance and infrastructure to improve safety, reliability and on-time performance.
- No fare increase: Once again this year, riders will not see a fare increase.
Get budget updates by email
Sign up here to get updates on TriMet's budget by email: