TriMet Bike & Rides
At our Bike & Ride facilities, you can park your bike in a secure, enclosed building with keycard access. Parking costs just pennies per hour, with no monthly fee.
We’re celebrating the Orenco Bike & Ride
Join us on Wednesday, August 16, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the new Orenco Bike & Ride! Check out J. Shea’s stunning mural up-close, meet the artist and learn more about bikes and transit. We’ll also be handing out a limited number of BikeLink keycards, so get there early if you’re insterested.
How it works
- You’ll need a BikeLink keycard in order to access Bike & Rides. Keycards can be purchased online from BikeLink for $20. (There is a one-time fee of $5 to activate your card.) Keycards are also available at the TriMet Ticket Office at Pioneer Courthouse Square.
- Insert your keycard at the door to enter the facility and start the meter.
- Lock your bike to the rack inside using a quality chain or U-lock. (You’ll need to bring your own lock.)
- Pay just 3 cents/hour 8 a.m.–8 p.m. on weekdays and 1 cent/hour all other times. If you leave a bike longer than 14 days, the bike is considered abandoned.
- Use your keycard at any BikeLink facility nationwide.
- Bike & Ride facilities are accessible 24 hours a day with your keycard, and they are monitored by security cameras.
Still have questions? Read the Q & A.
Tip: Keep a “station bike” at a Bike & Ride or in an electronic locker
With secure parking at a Bike & Ride or in an electronic bike locker, you can park your bike overnight, then take a bus or train to the transit center and finish your commute by bike. You get the fun and exercise of biking to work or school, without the hassle of hauling it back and forth on MAX every day.
Beaverton Transit Center
Located at 4050 SW Lombard St. in Beaverton.
Gresham Central Transit Center
Located on the east side of the Park & Ride Garage, 523 NE 8th St. in Gresham.
Orenco/NW 231st Ave Bike & Ride
Located on NW 231st Avenue just south of Cornell Road in Hillsboro.
SE Park Ave MAX Station
Located at 2750 SE Park Ave. in Milwaukie.
SE Tacoma/Johnson Creek MAX Station
Located at 8300 SE McLoughlin Blvd. in Portland.
Sunset Transit Center
Located on the south side of the Park & Ride garage, 10470 SW Barnes Rd. in Beaverton.
About Our Bike & Ride facilities
Until now, renting an assigned bike locker was the best way to protect your bike from both theft and parts removal. Unfortunately, an assigned space is not a very efficient use of resources. Most assigned bike lockers have long waiting lists, but are actually empty most of the time.
Like curbside parking for cars, Bike & Ride parking spaces are shared. Compared to assigned parking systems, a Bike & Ride can serve 5 to 7 times more cyclists each year.
More Bike & Rides are on the way! Facilities are planned for the Goose Hollow and Beaverton Creek MAX stations.
Questions? Suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.