LIFT is our shared-ride service for people who are unable to use regular buses and trains due to a disability or disabling health condition.
Book your trips online
Note: Not for customers receiving Hand to Hand service or whose trips are funded by the state
LIFT rides can be booked no more than three days in advance of your desired trip date. You may still book a ride up to 5 p.m. the day before their trip. In addition to calling to reserve a trip, you may also use our online trip booking tool. To learn more about how to book your trip online, watch the video above or call LIFT customer service at 503-962-8000 option #2 for more information.
Face coverings are required on LIFT
Face masks are required on LIFT per federal law. Failure to comply may result in denial of boarding, removal, or penalties under federal law. Scarfs, bandanas and fabric masks are all okay, so long as they cover your nose and mouth.
If you do not have a face mask, your operator will provide one for you and anyone riding with you. Riders will not be transported without a face mask or a medical exemption to the requirement.
If you are not feeling well, have a fever of 100.4° or higher, a cough, suspect you have been exposed to COVID-19 or have a confirmed case of COVID-19, please cancel your upcoming trips.
Read more about the measures we’re taking to ensure the safety and cleanliness on LIFT
LIFT recognizes the increased need for safe practices with the community we serve. Here’s what we’re doing to ensure the safety and cleanliness of our vehicles for customers and staff:
- Limiting capacity on-board vehicles to accommodate 3 ft. social distancing between passengers.
- LIFT vehicles are disinfected every four hours and sanitized nightly.
- Operators are required to wear a face covering at all times. Hand sanitizer is available on-board every LIFT vehicle.
- Hand sanitizer is available on-board every LIFT vehicle starting May 22.
- Operators have biohazard collection bags for any masks left unattended in the vehicle, as well as disposal of their gloves in between each boarding customer.
- Supplemental service providers (like taxi cabs) are held to the same standard of safety as TriMet. Because social distancing cannot be accommodated in a taxi, Broadway Cab has installed plexiglass separation barriers in each vehicle. Broadway Cab is also disinfecting vehicles after each customer and requiring drivers to wear face coverings. Masks will be provided to Broadway Cab to distribute to LIFT riders and their riding companions.
What customers can do to help limit the spread of COVID-19
- Only travel for essential trips.
- Avoid travel if you are not feeling well.
- Bring a face covering or mask with you when you ride and wear it from the time the operator meets you at your door, until you are no longer in contact with other people..
- When possible, maintain an appropriate physical distance your operator.
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water and avoid touching your face.
If you have questions about how LIFT is handling safety and vehicle cleaning, please contact LIFT customer service at 503-962-8000 option #2.
Background on LIFT
About LIFT Service
Information about when and where LIFT service is available, trip pick-up windows and the experience of using shared ride paratransit.
Accessibility on TriMet
Our stops, stations and vehicles have accessibility features that help make traveling easier for seniors and people with disabilities.
How to start riding
Fares and Hop Fastpass on LIFT
A list of valid fares and information about using Hop Fastpass on LIFT.