Making a Reservation and Managing your Trips
Book your trips online or by phone.
Due to pandemic response our call center hours of operations have changed:
Reservations: Monday–Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday–Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Customer Service: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Dispatch: 24 hours
Book a Trip Online
LIFT CARES Online
The online trip booking tool allows LIFT customers to book, cancel and manage their trips online. After creating an account you will be able to easily reserve and cancel trips, view all of your upcoming trips on a calendar, and make changes to any rides all from your computer, smartphone or tablet.
This feature will be available to customers receiving door-to-door service and who are paying their own fare for the trips. County-funded trips and customers receiving hand-to-hand service have special handling requirements and trips must continue to be booked through a reservationist or through the fax/email process.
Book a Trip by Phone
Speak to a Reservationist
Call 503-962-8000, Option 1
Call 503-962-8000 and select option number one to speak with a reservationist.
Reservations are taken from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
When calling to reserve a ride, please have the following information ready:
- Customer account number or last name, first name, and phone number
- Day and date of the ride
- Pick-up address
- Destination address and phone number, including building name (for medical appointments, include the name of the doctor and suite number)
- Your preferred pick-up time
- Your appointment time, if needed
- Agency that is paying for the ride, if any
- Any additional information about your trip, such as whether you will use a wheelchair, scooter, or other mobility aid, need to board using the power lift, or if a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) or other companion(s) will travel with you
- Reservations must be made by 5 p.m. the day before your scheduled trip. LIFT phone reservation lines are typically busiest between 3 and 5 p.m. If you would like to avoid waiting on the phone, try calling earlier in the day or use the CARES online trip booking tool.
Canceling a Trip
Call 503-962-8000 option three to cancel a trip. Cancel as soon as possible and more than one hour before the scheduled pick-up time to avoid a “no show.”
To avoid waiting on hold use our automated phone system by calling 503-962-3434 and following the prompts.
LIFT CARES Notification Phone System
In the winter of 2019, LIFT launched LIFT CARES its new Customer Notification System. This new feature will help preserve the security of your personal information and provide valuable information to customers for upcoming trips on LIFT. Here are a few more features that will help you stay on top of your rides:
- Phone call reminders for your trips the next day. If you no longer need a ride and would like to cancel, just select the option to cancel your trip!
- Automatic vehicle arrival notice. You will receive a phone call letting you know when your vehicle is about 15 minutes away.
- If you are meeting a LIFT customer at their destination, you can set up an advance call for when they are within 15 minutes of arrival. A great new feature for customers receiving hand-to-hand service.
- In the event of inclement weather that impacts LIFT’s ability to safely deliver service, you will receive a call notifying you of the status of LIFT service.