Honored Citizen Downtown Portland Pass
This pass provides eligible Honored Citizens with unlimited free rides in Downtown Portland.
Important notice for Downtown Portland Pass holders
TriMet is proposing to discontinue the Downtown Portland Pass in fall 2022, and we are no longer issuing new passes.
The Honored Citizen Downtown Portland Pass provides unlimited rides on buses, MAX Light Rail and Portland Streetcar within the boundaries of the Willamette River, I-405 and NW Irving Street. It is available only to Honored Citizen riders who live within this area.
- The pass also serves as proof of Honored Citizen status for trips outside of Downtown that require a fare.
- It is valid for up to two years from the date of purchase. For riders with a temporary disability, the pass is valid for the duration of the disability.
- A $10 administrative fee is required. There is a $5 fee to replace lost or stolen cards.
Who is eligible?
The pass is available to Honored Citizen riders who live in Downtown Portland between the Willamette River, I-405 and NW Irving Street.
How to get your pass
- Download the application form or pick one up at the TriMet Customer Support Center at Pioneer Courthouse Square (701 SW 6th Ave., Portland OR 97204).
The office is located on the west side of the Square below the waterfall. Look for the blue “Visitor Information” signs. Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Come to the TriMet Customer Support Center to have your photo taken and pay the $10 administrative fee.
Note: You’ll need to bring proof of Honored Citizen status (photo ID showing date of birth, Honored Citizen card or Medicare card) and proof of residence address (photo ID or utility statement).
How it works with Hop Fastpass
You still need show your Downtown Portland Pass to your bus operator when boarding, and there is no need to tap a Hop card for trips within the Downtown boundary. (However, if you’re riding outside the boundary, you will need to purchase an Honored Citizen Hop card or use alternate fare.)
Why did TriMet create this pass?
In September 2012, TriMet and Portland Streetcar discontinued the free-ride zone in Downtown Portland. The Honored Citizen Downtown Portland Pass was created to help ensure that senior citizens and people with disabilities could continue taking transit and access essential services such as medical care, social services and shopping.