TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail transit services in the Portland, Oregon, metro area. We connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution—making the Portland area a better place to live. More
MAX Red Line
TriMet's MAX Red Line light rail service connects Portland International Airport, E/NE Portland, downtown Portland and Beaverton. Trains run about every 15 minutes most of the day, everyday. Service is less frequent in the early morning and evening.
PDX Airport Service
- The trip to/from downtown Portland takes about 38 minutes and costs $2.50 for Adults 18-64, $1 for Honored Citizens and $1.65 for Youth.
- You can easily roll your luggage on board.
- The first train of the day arrives at PDX at 4:44 a.m. on weekdays and 4:45 a.m. on weekends. The last train departs PDX at 11:49 p.m., daily.
- The MAX station and ticket machines are located near baggage claim on the lower level. View airport map (flypdx.com)
- Parking at TriMet Park & Ride lots is limited to 24 hours. For longer trips, have someone drop you off at a MAX station. Park & Ride locations
- Visiting Portland? Be sure to check out these popular destinations.
Get service updates by email
Service during snow/ice
MAX service can be affected by weather conditions. Check the Service Alerts page or call 503-238-RIDE (7433) and select option 2 for the latest updates.