riders on a bus

High School Access Transit Program
Summer Pass (Pilot)

This program provides free transit passes to qualifed high school students during the summer months.

How it Works

We’re taking advantage of a funding opportunity to give free transit passes to students who rely on transit during the summer months. Qualifying students will receive a transit pass from participating community-based organizations in June for unlimited rides on buses, MAX, WES and Portland Streetcar. The pass is valid until August 31, 2023. This will help them to get to school, jobs and other activities.

This program will open in June 2023 and is funded by the Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund.

Students: Get a summer transit pass from a program partner

Regional Distribution Partners

Qualifying students can visit any of these organizations to pick up a free transit pass. Qualifying students do not need to be a current client to receive a free transit pass.

[ Click here to see a list of partners ]

Organization Area of Service Address
Centro Cultural Washington County 400 East Main St., Suite 110, Hillsboro
Monday–Friday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1–5:30 p.m.

1110 North Adair St., Cornelius
Monday–Friday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Clackamas Resource Center Clackamas County 8800 SE 80th Ave., Portland
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3–5 p.m.
Clackamas Community College Clackamas County 19600 Molalla Ave., Oregon City
Wacheno Welcome Center 158 on the Oregon City campus
Monday–Thursday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
PlayEast Multnomah County Email Jario Rios-Campos or call 503-423-7323
HAKI Community Organization Multnomah County
Washington County
11830 Kerr Pkwy., Suite 205, Lake Oswego
Clackamas DHS office Clackamas County Email Kore Gleason-Gasanov
16440 SE 82nd Dr., Clackamas
Sherwood Public Libray Washington County 22560 SW Pine St., Sherwood
Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday 1–5 p.m.
Tualatin Public Library Washington County 18878 SW Martinazzi Ave., Tualatin
Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday–Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
St. Anthony Paish Washington County 9905 SW McKenzie St., Tigard
Monday–Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Beaverton ODS Washington County Self Suficiency Office
15425 NW Greenbrier Pkwy., Beaverton
Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Estacada High School Clackamas County 355 NE 6th Ave., Estacada  
Sandy Public Library Clackamas County 38980 Proctor Blvd., Sandy
Monday-Tuesday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wednesday-Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
The Rockwood Center Multnomah County 17805 SE Stark St., Portland
Monday-Thursday 9:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m.
Fridays 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Brookwood Library Washington County 2850 NE Brookwood Pkwy., Hillsboro
Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Shute Park Library Washington County 775 SE 10th Ave., Hillsboro
Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tigard Public Library Washington County 13500 SW Hall Blvd., Tigard
Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Forest Grove Library Washington County 2114 Pacific Ave., Forest Grove
Monday-Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday-Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tigard ODHS Washington County 10777 SW Cascade Ave., Tigard
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hillsboro DHS Self-Sufficiency Branch Washington County 5300 NE Elam Young Pkwy., Hillsboro
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Portland Parks and Recreation Centers Multnomah County Click here for a list of sites
Charles Jordan Community Center Multnomah County 9009 N Foss Ave., Portland
Monday-Thursday 3-7 p.m.
East Portland Community Center Multnomah County 740 SE 106th Ave., Portland
Monday-Thursday 3-7 p.m.
Matt Dishman Community Center Multnomah County 77 NE Knott St., Portland
Monday-Thursday 3-7 p.m.
Montavilla Community Center Multnomah County 8219 NE Glisan St., Portland
Monday-Thursday 3-7 p.m.
Mt Scott Community Center Multnomah County 5530 SE 72nd Ave., Portland
Monday-Thursday 3-7 p.m.
Southwest Community Center Multnomah County 6820 SW 45th Ave., Portland
Monday-Thursday 3-7 p.m.
Multnomah County Library branches Multnomah County Click here for a list of sites

Client-Based Partners

Students, if you’re a current client of any of these organizations, please contact that organization to inquire about getting a free transit pass.

[ Click here to see a list of partners ]

  • Albertina Kerr
  • AYCO
  • Cairo PDX
  • Home Forward
  • INAKI Boys and Girls Club
  • IRCO
  • Latino Network
  • Metropolitan Family Services
  • Mt Hood Community College
  • Multnomah County Health Dept.
  • Multnomah Youth Commission
  • NAYA Family Center
  • Northwest Housing
  • Outside In
  • PBOT
  • PCC (Alternative programs) Youth
  • Portland Community College
  • Portland Parks and Recreation
  • Santos Football Club
  • Self Enhancement, Inc
  • Snowcap
  • United Way
  • Urban League of Portland
  • Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Center
  • YWCA

Partner agencies: Apply for fare

The summer 2022 partner applications period has ended. Please email Jon Coney at coneyj@trimet.org or call 503-962-2243 if you would like to participate in the pilot program next summer.

Frequently Asked Questions

How does a student get a free summer transit pass?

TriMet is partnering with community-based organizations across the tri-county area to distribute summer passes. Students should contact a community organization in their county to inquire about getting a free summer pass. See the list of Organizations and Counties above.

Who is eligible for the summer pass?

The pass is for high school age students who are transit-dependent and face barriers in accessing public transportation to get to school, work, activities, social or other community services, or other destinations during the summer.

What if a student is 18 or 19 years old and has recently graduated?

The student would still qualify to participate in the program through the summer if they meet the program criteria. Program participants should carry their student ID card as proof of eligibility.

Are all eligible students guaranteed a pass?

No. The Summer Pass Program has a limited quantity of 30,000 passes that have been divided across the tri-county service district.

What is the time period for passes being distributed?

Passes will remain available through summer 2022 until all have been distributed.

What happens if a student loses their pass?

All students must register their pass at myhopcard.com, which will allow them to get a replacement card that can be used immediately if their card is lost or stolen. If the student doesn't register their Hop card, it cannot be replaced. In this situation, the student could inquire about getting a replacement pass from a community-based organization in their county, but there is no guarantee of receiving a replacement pass as funding is limited.

Is this program open to students pursuing GEDs?

Yes. Students pursuing a GED, regardless of age, qualify for this program. Please note, any student participating in the Summer Pass Program may be required to show their student ID card when using the transit pass.


Email Jon Coney or call 503-962-2243.